Dental emergencies can be scary when they happen, but having somewhere to go makes them easier. If you’re having a dental emergency, it’s important to see a dentist in Clearwater FL you can trust. The dental professionals at the Dentist Place are experienced in helping patients with their emergency procedures. Knowing when it’s a dental emergency and who can help is half the battle.
Whether you’re experiencing severe tooth pain or loss of a permanent tooth, getting help as soon as possible is critical. By seeing the dentist, you may be able to avoid the worst of the pain, and depending on the type of emergency you’re having, you may be able to save the tooth as well. Here’s what you need to know.
When Are They Dental Emergencies?
Sometimes it’s obvious when it’s a dental emergency, and other times it’s not. Since a dental emergency is an event that needs professional dental care as soon as possible, it’s important to get help from a dental professional right away. At the Dentist Place, we can almost always see emergency patients on the same day!
Some examples of dental emergencies include:
- Loss of a permanent tooth
- Swelling around the tooth or gums
- Severe pain in the tooth
- Tooth becomes chipped or cracked
- Injury in the mouth
- Object stuck in the mouth
If you’re experiencing any one of the above problems, contact your dentist at the Dentist Place as soon as possible. Be prepared to describe your symptoms over the phone, as the person you speak with may use this information to decide whether to recommend you see the dentist or not. We can even help same-day in most cases!
Preventing a Dental Emergency
Some dental emergencies are caused by injuries and others are caused by poor oral hygiene. Here’s what you need to know about preventing a potential dental emergency.
- Take good care of your teeth. Brush your teeth every day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Floss your teeth once per day.
- See the dentist on a regular basis. Most dental professionals recommend coming in for a cleaning at least once every six months.
- Wear a mouthguard if you play sports. A mouth guard will protect your mouth from high impacts that can cause cuts and other damage.
- If you notice a toothache, get help as soon as possible. Don’t wait until your tooth is in agony: get help from the dentist as soon as possible. A minor toothache could be a sign of a cavity or a cracked tooth. Waiting to get help could lead to a problem like an infection, necessitating a root canal.
What to Do When You Lose a Permanent Tooth
Losing a permanent tooth is always a dental emergency. If you can reach the dentist in time to get help, your dentist may be able to save the tooth.
Once the tooth has been knocked or pulled out of the mouth, locate the tooth as soon as possible. Pick it up by the crown, not the root. Rinse off the tooth in saline solution or milk, then put the tooth back in the socket where it came from. If you can’t stand to put the tooth back in the socket, hold it in your cheek.
Call the Dentist Place as soon as possible to let us know you’re coming. We have emergency dental sessions throughout the day to get your dental emergencies managed quickly by a trained professional.
Not sure if you’re having a dental emergency? Call us today to find out if your urgent dental situations warrant a visit to the dentist.
Why Visit the Dentist Place for Dental Emergencies
Not all dental offices are equipped to handle dental emergencies. At the Dentist Place, we have the scheduling and staffing to help patients suffering from emergencies, usually on the same day! We’re prepared for your dental needs, and we’re here to help you through the discomfort that you might be feeling.
- Good patient care. Good patient care is the cornerstone of our dental practice. Our compassionate and concerned staff are here to help no matter what kind of dental problem you’re experiencing.
- Easy scheduling. Scheduling an appointment should never be hard, especially when you’re experiencing an emergency.
- Expertise. Everyone who works at the Dentist Place is prepared to help with your dental emergency. From root canals to tooth extractions, we offer expertise in a range of urgent dental situations.
Having an Emergency? Get Urgent Help!
Dental emergencies don’t have to be scary. With help from a dental professional, you can get the care you need. At the Dentist Place, we offer dental emergency services to patients in Clearwater FL. Call today to learn more about how we can help you in the event of an emergency.