Some patients may be able to save some of their teeth by replacing those missing with a removable partial denture. For those patients who require replacement dentures or need full extractions and immediate temporary dentures placed, we can accommodate your needs. We offer both a standard denture, very high quality and natural looking. We also offer “Swissedent Technique” dentures, which are the most natural denture available. We have samples of each so you can compare and decide for yourself which best meets your needs. Since we make a lot of dentures, our success rate is very high. In the event you need to have all your teeth removed, you will leave our office with a denture(s) in your mouth and return for follow up care the next day.
With the development of advanced dental materials, today’s dentures are more comfortable, more durable, and fit better than the dentures that were available for any previous generation.
Additionally, with the advancements in modern denture science is the ability to recreate much more natural-looking smiles. These advancements provide the ability for the dentist to:
- Design the artificial teeth to have the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Each tooth can be positioned individually and “naturally” to give dentures a more realistic appearance.
- A much more natural choice of colors for artificial gums and teeth.
- Ensure the best possible fit, function and comfort.
No two people are exactly alike. We all have natural variables that include:
- the color of our hair and eyes
- the tone of our skin
- our height
- the build of our bodies
Smiles depend upon much the same set of variables. They gain their beauty from the size, color, and shading of our teeth, and from the way our teeth are positioned in our mouths.
If you happen to be shopping for dentures, you have likely already discovered a variety of possibilities and have discovered that due to the strides in modern cosmetic dentistry it is now possible for you to create a totally natural smile.
Natural looking dentures are not “snow white” teeth arranged in a perfect row. Although dentures arranged as such may prove to be comfortable and allow you to chew your food, all too often these dentures “look like “false teeth.”
Alternatively, through modern dental technology, you can obtain personalized dentures that can be as natural-looking as your own teeth. Dentists personalize dentures by accounting for all variables, including everything from the shape of your face and the tone of your skin to your gender before creating a denture that offers the most harmonious interplay of individual tooth form, size, color and arrangement.
Additionally, personalized dentures offer higher levels of comfort, fit, and performance. The teeth wear longer and also resist discoloration. An added benefit from the new, high-impact denture base materials from which they are constructed, they are also stronger and more likely to survive a drop on the bathroom floor.
Whether you’re seeking information about dentures for a loved one or for yourself, it’s important that you know the facts. The following information, compiled in cooperation with the American Dental Association, offers the basic facts about dentures.
- Dentures do not last forever.
- Even if your dentures fit perfectly, you should still see a dentist regularly.
- No one has to know you’re wearing dentures.
- Denture wearers can eat more normally.
- Denture wearers can speak more clearly.
- Adhesives can play a role in your denture’s fit and comfort.
- Over-the-counter and prescription medications can affect dentures.
- Don’t assume regular denture care is too costly.
- Never try to make your own denture repairs.
- With planning, denture corrections can often be made in one day.
- Don’t avoid replacing your denture just because you don’t want to go through another long adjustment period.
- All dentures are not created equal. If you look for the lowest price, you’ll get what you pay for.